Virtual Destress Event
Date: Thursday, December 3, 2020
Time: 6 –8 p.m.
Location: The comfort of your own space!
Time: 6 - 6:30 p.m.
Zoom link: https://viterbo.zoom.us/j/96621837958
Facilitated Conversation about Stress
Time: 6:30 - 7 p.m.
Talking about tips and tricks that help keep us calm, and assist in destressing
Zoom Link: https://viterbo.zoom.us/j/99471831467
45 Minute Slow Flow Guided Yoga
Time: 7 – 7:45 p.m.
YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtGE0Uz9zSE
Group Zoom Link: https://viterbo.zoom.us/j/99539447492
Facilitated Conversation on the Yoga Session and Additional Resources
Time: 7:45 - 8 p.m.
Zoom Link: https://viterbo.zoom.us/j/99539447492
Activities for Destressing
1.Favorite Song Drawing
Materials: Color pens, Drawing paper
Instructions: Play your favorite song and use lines and color to express the melody you feel.
Materials: Drawing paper, Scissors, Pen, Color pens
- Cut the sheet of paper into 8 equal squares
- Use a pen to assign a feeling to each square. For example, you could list one of the following in each square: joy, frustration, hate, love, anxiety, sadness, boredom, and excitement.
- With the colored pens, draw an image or scene on each square that depicts the last time you experienced the emotion you have listed in that square.
(Interpretation of art and food for thought: - To which squares did you add the most details and give the most attention? – Which emotions do you want to experience more of? – What can you do today to nurture that experience?)
Materials: Color pens, drawing paper
- Choose a color that reflects how you are feeling.
- Draw a circle with that color.
- In that circle, use lines and shapes to draw an image or images to identify how you are feeling.
- Name your art.
Resources to Help Destress