Personal Well-being Growth Challenge
April 6 - May 3, 2020
- This month-long challenge is designed to cover multiple dimensions of wellness.
- The purpose of this challenge is to help participants discover new avenues of health and well-being to “level-up” habits for personal growth.
- Tasks will vary per week with the general goal to be intentional behavior awareness in each task of the challenge they set out on.
Participants will be able to write a few sentences on what the week showed/taught them that they are able to take away. Maximum engagement in group is encouraged to help connect with other ideas and discoveries of self-accountability.
Participant must post in teams chat once a week with what they did that week and what they gained from the experience (This includes at least 3 pictures).
Pictures and what was gained goes in the group chat. What you did is added to group excel file, so everyone can go back and look if desired for ideas. If individuals want to be eligible for the prize, they must post something about the week’s activity on their Instagram story (with a picture) and tag @ViterboRecreation and use #ViterboRec.
Some weeks may require something additional depending on the goal of the week.
There are not any fees associated to the program. Individuals will sign up via the challenge Microsoft Team’s group with the code fs8eqrx.
Where do I enter the code?
- First you need to open Microsoft Teams. If you have not downloaded Teams yet, access it via Office 365. It will be available with the rest of the Microsoft Suite options. Do not hesitate to reach out if you need specific directions.
- Click to Join or create a team below your teams list.
- Look for the Join a team with code card.
- Enter the code in the "Enter code" box.
- Click on Join team.
- Week 1: Physical + Environmental Well-being
- Goal/Challenge: Consistent movement and body awareness each day of the week. At minimum 30 minutes of movement 3x out of the week (this can be in sections or all at once).
- Suggestions: It is recommended to move for five minutes after every 30-45 minutes of being sedentary. Take a walk outdoors and pick up trash you may see, mix in some stretches, drink water throughout the day.
- Week 2: Social Well-being
- Goal/Challenge: Intentionally connection with friends, family, or others to strengthen relationships (while practicing safe social distancing). Engage in an activity with friends or family 3x for at least 30 minutes.
- Suggestions: Social connections have been scientifically found to have many positive health benefits. Send a text or Face time/video chat someone you don’t get the chance to talk to often, snap that person you have been thinking about or want to be closer with. Check in with elderly close to you (such as grandparents) to provide social connection and decrease this social isolation we may be in. Make some time to have coffee, lunch or do an activity.
- Week 3: Emotional + Spiritual Well-being
- Goal/Challenge: Engage in at least 15 minutes of contemplation, meditation, mindfulness, and/or relaxation 3x a week.
- Suggestions: Carve in time each day for yourself, journal, pray, meditate, contemplate and take in the solitude. Be aware of your emotions by writing down 3 emotions you felt throughout the day. Go somewhere that brings you peace and joy to be yourself and sit for 5 minutes letting your mind wander one day and actively meditating another day.
- Week 4: Intellectual Well-being
- Goal/Challenge: Engage in at least 15-30 minutes of activity that stimulates your mind outside of normal studying 3x per week.
- Suggestions: Engage in something new, an old or current interest. Invite a friend to learn or participate with you. You could read a new book, do a puzzle, try to learn a new fact or anything else that gets you thinking. Read those extra facts on social media that we normally scroll past. Do some research on the job you would like to go into. Have fun with it.