Audition Information for Academic Year 2023-2024
Prospective music majors are required to complete an audition for the music faculty. Admission to the music department is contingent upon admission to Viterbo University (apply online). If you are unsure of your application status, contact the admissions office at 608-796-3010 or email@example.com.
Follow this sequence of steps:
- APPLY to Viterbo University (free). Please note: Only students who have applied and been accepted to the university by our admissions office are eligible for admission to the Music Department. If you are unsure of your application status, contact admissions at 608-796-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide your music resume and schedule your audition. Contact administrative assistant Toni Groshek to schedule your audition during one of the designated audition dates below. We offer both in-person and virtual options. Your music resume may include your experiences with private study, competitions, festivals, awards and any other honors you'd like to share.
How To Prepare For Your Audition
Prospective music majors will perform two contrasting pieces for a faculty audition panel. For singers, there is no foreign language requirement and an accompanist will be provided for auditions on campus (you may also elect to supply your own accompanist). If you are planning to sing with a Viterbo accompanist, please prepare 3-hole punched copies of your music within a binder. For singers who choose to audition virtually, using a pre-recorded accompaniment track is acceptable.
Here are the 2022-2023 audition dates for enrollment in the fall 2023 semester. Virtual auditions will be held through Zoom:
- Friday, December 2 (in-person)
- Saturday, December 3 (virtual)
- Friday, February 24 (in-person)
- Saturday, February 25 (virtual)
- Friday, March 31 (in-person)
- Saturday, April 1 (virtual)
Renewable academic merit scholarships and talent scholarships are awarded based on GPA, resume, and audition. These scholarships are in addition to other academic awards and financial aid that you may be eligible to receive. Prospective students who submit their Acceptd portfolio and schedule their audition prior to March 1, 2023 are given priority consideration for talent scholarships.
For More Information
Dr. James Wilson
Director of Choral Studies, Associate Professor
Music Department Chair