The Viterbo University Music Department prepares vocal and piano undergraduates for professional careers in teaching and performing. We provide opportunities for our students to engage in performance and classroom experiences where they can pursue their passions and influence the musical lives of the communities around them.
Our programs feature:
- Talent scholarships for music majors.
- Project based learning classroom and studio environment.
- First-rate facilities and technologies for teaching, rehearsing, performing, and recording.
- Degree options including:
- Bachelor of Music in Music Performance (Voice)
- Bachelor of Music in Music Education (K–12 General/6–12 Choral)
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Music Minor
- Options for vocalists to learn Contemporary Commercial and Classical Music styles of singing.
- Two main stage productions, a chamber opera series, 2 show choirs, 3 repertoire choirs, national and international ensemble touring, and numerous other auditioned campus productions for undergraduates.
- Dedicated artist-faculty with extensive professional experience, offer you weekly lessons and vocal music coaching.
- Nationally acclaimed visiting artists including: Cynthia Lawrence, Scott McCoy, John De Haan, Karen Brunssen, Brian Horne, Steven Smith, Ken Bozeman, Edrie Means Weekley, Mitra Sadeghpour, Tanya Kruse Ruck, Mary Saunders Barton and Norman Spivey.
- Alumni received scholarships and assistantships from elite graduate programs at Julliard, Indiana University, Manhattan School of Music, Cleveland Institute of Music, Boston Conservatory, University of Minnesota, Ball State University, Cincinnati College - Conservatory of Music, and more.
- Accreditation by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) for over 50 years.