Come up with an idea, or maybe you already have one; organizations are started for social, recreational, academic, current issue/hot topic, etc. purposes. All organizations must be started by students.
2. Build your club
Find at least three friends who are also interested in your organization (must be currently enrolled students at Viterbo). Membership must also be open to any Viterbo student. Find an advisor who supports your idea and is a Viterbo faculty or staff member.
3. Review the Handbook
Review the Student Organization and Sports Club Handbook. The most updated version is on our Sharepoint which requires Viterbo log-in. You must do so before you submit your application.
Questions? Contact Tanisha Petherbridge, Student Engagement Coordinator.
Complete the Application for Student Organization Status. To prepare for the application, have your materials ready:
- Create your organization's by-laws (constitution), club leadership team, and mission statement and submit them via the Application for Student Organization Status linked above.
- Correspond in person or through email with campus activities or recreational sports regarding any additional training that needs to be completed. A meeting will most likely be requested.
- Once your application has been processed, the Office of the Vice President of Student Life will mail you an official status letter. If you are interested in obtaining funding to support your new club or organization, you can reach out to the Student Government Association (SGA) at email@example.com.
All University Recognized Organizations Receive These Benefits
- Maintaining an account with the Viterbo University Business Office. This also allows your organization to use the Viterbo tax exempt status on purchases—saving your group money.
- Requesting funds from SGA to support activities.
Reserving and using Viterbo University facilities for meetings and events.
Promoting meetings and activities through Viterbo communications.
Promoting your organization through the website and the Student Life offices and departments.
Receiving invitations to roundtables and the fairs.