The Institutional and Instructional Effectiveness (IIE) Division at Viterbo University encompasses the Office of Assessment and Institutional Research, Grants Office, Institutional Review Board, and Todd Wehr Memorial Library. The common purpose of the division is to assure and advance the university’s mission through systematic review and continuous improvement of educational programs, support services, and administrative functions. It also includes partnering to support student learning and instruction, information access, research, technology, virtual and physical environments, and grants.
The IIE Division provides leadership to:
- Support high-quality education for our students by managing institutional and specialized accreditation processes.
- Enhance and improve student learning and academic rigor through effective use of student outcomes assessment.
- Partner to support effective teaching, learning, and research.
- Establish and promote best practice in data access and information literacy.
- Develop and disseminate dashboards and analytical reports for student success, institutional effectiveness, strategic planning metrics, and university policy-making.
- Oversee and support university evaluation tools.
- Monitor compliance and best practices in the research of human subjects.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory requirements.
- Promote strategic grant development aligned with institutional priorities.
- Develop faculty and staff on best practices in data usage, program review, assessment, accreditation, and compliance.
Timothy Schorr, DMA
Assistant Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness
Murphy Center 223