The Viterbo University community prepares students for faithful service and ethical leadership.
Founded by the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, Viterbo is a Catholic, Franciscan university in the liberal arts tradition.
In keeping with the tradition of our Franciscan founders, we hold the following core values:
- Contemplation, reflecting upon the presence of God in our lives and work
- Hospitality, welcoming everyone we encounter as an honored guest
- Integrity, striving for honesty in everything we say and do
- Stewardship, practicing responsible use of all resources in our trust
- Service, working for the common good in the spirit of humility and joy
A Catholic, Franciscan university boldly transforming students and our communities through service, collaboration, and leadership.
- DELIVERING OUR PROMISE
We will provide all our students with a transformational educational experience that develops their unique talents, passions, and leadership potential. This distinctive Viterbo education will lead to success in their chosen academic field and future career.
- OWNING OUR FUTURE
We will enhance and demonstrate the “Viterbo difference” through which we transform the lives of all our students. We will further develop our employees, campus culture, facilities, and programming to further this distinction and to best serve our students and communities.
- STRENGTHENING OUR CONNECTIONS
We will strengthen our position as the regional partner of choice for employers and other organizations as Viterbo meets the evolving needs of the community.
- GROWING OUR VALUE
We will offer new undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and noncredit programs and refine existing programs to be proactive in meeting the evolving needs of employers and to contribute to the overall success of the region.