Accounting (B.B.A. Degree Completion)
Viterbo’s accounting degree completion program is an online program that allows students to complete a Bachelor of Business Administration degree following the completion of an associate degree in accounting or the completion of the required accounting prerequisite courses. Accounting represents the study of measurement, processing, and communication of financial information, allowing students to build upon their practical experience and skills while expanding upon knowledge in finance, management, and leadership.
- All students pursuing the B.B.A. degree must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in the major requirement courses, and students must receive a letter grade of C (2.0) or higher in each of these courses. If a grade of CD or below is earned in any of these courses, the course must be repeated until a grade of C or higher is achieved. Students pursuing the business education major must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in all business and education coursework.
- All transfer students seeking an undergraduate degree offered by the Dahl School of Business must earn a minimum of 15 credits of business coursework at Viterbo University.
- Students completing a bachelor completion degree may not concurrently double major or double degree in a major offered as a traditional student major.
- Apply principles of various business disciplines to solve complex issues using strategic and critical approaches to decision-making and problem-solving
- Demonstrate sound ethical decision-making skills to identify, analyze, and resolve workplace issues in financial accounting, auditing, and taxation
- Communicate clearly and objectively and understand that these skills are critical in the accounting profession
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal and regulatory environment and analyze the impact of changes in relevant requirements, constraints, and competitive practices