Student Employment

Federal work study provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. Qualifying students work on campus and earn at least the current federal minimum wage. Total work study award depends on when you apply and your level of financial need. If you are interested in getting a federal work study job while enrolled at Viterbo, make sure to apply for aid early. Funds are limited. The program is administered by the financial aid office.

To be awarded federal work study, a student must:

  • have financial need as determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
  • request to be awarded work study when completing the FAFSA.

Current students who have been awarded federal work study for 2020-21, will receive information regarding job placement in late July/early August.

Students wishing to change or add a position after the school year has begun, should contact the financial aid office.

Summer employment requires a separate Institutional application which is listed below. Due to the Wisconsin Safer at Home order, we are uncertain if Summer Student Employment will be possible.  However, you may continue to go through the application process.  We will continue to update you on the status of summer employment as we learn more.