NEW for fall 2019, Viterbo University and Western Technical College will partner to offer dual enrollment in their ADN and BSN nursing programs with the potential to complete both degrees in as little as three years. This exciting new option provides a quality nursing education from our respected nursing programs in an expedited way; the entry level that many organizations are requiring of nurses to practice. In an online survey conducted by the American Association of Colleges of Nurses (2017) “49% of hospitals and other health care settings are requiring new hires to have a bachelor’s degree in nursing, while 86.3% of employers are expressing a strong preference for BSN program graduates.”
While enrolled in both programs, students will complete the 38 required Western nursing course credits for transfer to the Viterbo BSN Completion program. In addition, complete a majority of the Viterbo credits required for the BSN. After successfully graduating with an ADN and providing evidence of RN licensure, students will enroll to complete the final coursework for their BSN with as little as two semesters remaining*.
To become enrolled in the program students must verify acceptance into Western’s nursing program with signature from the associate dean, using the verification form.
- Provide verification of admission into Western’s nursing program
- Complete Western general education requirements (32 credits) with a minimum grade of C
- Sign financial aid "Consortium Agreement"
- Attend dual enrollment orientation prior to the program beginning
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.25 throughout the program
- Complete Viterbo University’s free online application: BSN Degree Completion (Western Technical College Dual Enrollment)
- Submit the Dual Enrollment Verification form, with signature from the associate dean
- Submit all official transcripts from Western Technical College, and any other college/universities to: Viterbo University Admissions, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601
Students may enroll fall, spring, or summer. *The Dual Program Plan may vary, based on entry into the program and any additional credits transferred beyond credits from Western Technical College.
For more information contact Taylor Hanson at 608-789-6247 or firstname.lastname@example.org