Professional Pathways allows opportunities for students from any technical school in Wisconsin, to build in bachelor degree requirements, which may allow a seamless pathway into the BSN Completion program at Viterbo University.
This is designed for students waiting to start nursing core courses at the technical school. Students will be eligible to apply for financial aid at Viterbo, so long as the student is not taking courses at any other institution and has not applied for aid elsewhere.
Students who are enrolled in nursing courses at the technical school, may also take courses at Viterbo, so long as aid is ONLY awarded from the technical school. Students can not apply for aid at Viterbo in this instance, and a “Consortium Agreement” must be signed.
To become enrolled in the program students must obtain approval from their Associate Dean, using the verification form.
- Complete Anatomy and Physiology and either Advanced Anatomy and Physiology or Microbiology, with a minimum grade of C in both courses
- Complete 15 credits of general education requirements, including: Written Communication, Speech, Sociology, Psychology, Developmental Psych, with a minimum GPA of 2.25
- Complete Viterbo’s free online application: BSN Degree Completion (Professional Pathways)
- Submit the verification form, with signature from the Associate Dean
- Submit all official transcripts from the technical school, and any other college/universities to: Viterbo University Admissions, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601
One of our admission counselors would be happy to assist you in the application process. Contact Kara Good for questions at 608-796-3399 or email@example.com
Once accepted, students must discuss course offerings with their advisor before registering each semester to ensure program requirements are met for the BSN program. Students must also maintain a minimum 2.25 GPA to remain in the program.
The courses listed are accelerated 8-week online courses; some may have face-to-face options available. Select no more than two courses per semester.
- Statistics (lower division)
- Fine Arts (lower division)
- English Literature (upper division)
- Religious Studies - Theology (upper division)
- History with Mission* (upper division)
- Philosophy with Mission* (upper division)
- Religious Studies with Mission* (upper division)
(*2 of 3 courses need Mission Component. The other is taken as a stand-alone course)
After completing your Associate Degree in Nursing
You will need to apply to the BSN Completion program by submitting a BSN Completion application form to continue your studies at Viterbo. You will need to submit your final transcript (with degree posted) to Viterbo's Transfer and Adult Admissions at 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601. We also accept electronic transcripts from Parchment, National Clearinghouse, and Credentials Solutions. You will also need to show evidence of RN license prior to the second BSN Completion nursing course.