Outcomes of the Curriculum
Viterbo University School of Nursing prepares graduates whose competence, caring, and commitment to excellence is demonstrated through professional holistic nursing practice. The graduate has the knowledge and skill to:
- Provide holistic relationship-based care that is congruent with the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion for all persons, families, communities and society.
- Communicate and collaborates effectively with clients, health team members, and community stakeholders to achieve optimal holistic health outcomes.
- Integrate knowledge from the liberal arts, the sciences, health information technologies, and the discipline of nursing to provide professional holistic nursing care.
- Demonstrate safe, evidence-informed clinical reasoning in designing and providing professional holistic nursing care to achieve quality health outcomes.
- Provide respectful and compassionate care through incorporating the values, standards and ethical principles of the nursing discipline.
- Demonstrate development as a professional holistic nurse leader through reflective practice, self-care, and scholarly inquiry.