Viterbo’s engineering program was created in response to the need for engineers and at the request of employers. We work with local industry leaders to provide technical curriculum that establishes a solid foundation of engineering skills while developing students’ communication and leadership skills through a liberal arts education and Viterbo University’s core values.
- Problem Solving Skills (ABET 1): An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- Designing in Context (ABET 2): An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- Communication (ABET 3): An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Ethical Responsibilities (ABET 4): An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Working within a Team (ABET 5): An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment. Establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- Experimental Design and Analysis (ABET 6): An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- Continuous Learning Techniques (ABET 7): An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies