Contact the Career Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org and let the staff know what you are looking for. Whenever possible, the staff will be happy to accommodate your needs. Employers in the past have conducted onsite interviews, presented to classes or student organizations, or hosted information tables in the Student Union or Nursing Center.
There is no fee to use Handshake for posting opportunities or viewing resumes. There is also no fee to visit campus, set up a table, or meet with a student organization. There is a fee to attend our Fall Career, Internship, and Graduate School Fair. More information on this in Handshake.
By establishing an account in Handshake, you agree to the following statement:
"I agree that I will be solely responsible for the content of my profile and the content of all listings that I post in Handshake. I understand that my account may be suspended or deactivated without prior notice at any time for any reason."
Please review the Viterbo University Recruiter Policy (below) to be sure your organization complies with the Department of Labor and industry guidelines.
Viterbo University Recruiter Policy
Employers and organizations recruiting at Viterbo University are expected to adhere to:
- The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Collection and use of data by Career Services is governed by the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- All job postings must be for legitimate openings. No multi-level marketing jobs, mystery shopper, door-to-door sales, home-based businesses, or “business opportunity” postings are allowed.
- For a position to be listed as an internship, it must meet these requirements:
- Must provide a professional experience that relates to the student’s major field or area of career interest.
- Must occupy at least one academic term (fall, spring, or summer).
- Must require continuous supervision by a professional in the field.
- Organizations must identify themselves, the job title, description, requirements, and the location of the position.
- Third-party recruiters, search firms, employment consultants, and placement services must identify themselves as such and may not require a placement fee from the student.
- It is the responsibility of the employer to cancel a posting if the opportunity has been filled.
- By posting your job or internship, you agree that it is in compliance with our guidelines. In order to prevent abuse and to keep the system appropriate for our students, we reserve the right to remove any employer, contact, or posting without prior notice, at any time, for any reason.
Positions for private individuals with a non-established business (e.g., babysitting, nanny, caretaker, tutor, etc.) will be posted on the "Odd Job" section of the Viterbo University app with the following disclaimer: Viterbo University does not perform any background checks, criminal or otherwise, and does not screen in any manner the students, or the community members retaining the services of said student. Students and community members using these services do so at their own risk.