***If you or someone you care about are suicidal or in need of immediate assistance, please contact Campus Safety and Security at 608-796-3911 or your local emergency provider***
Counseling Services is Here to Help
College life can be exciting, challenging, and very stressful. College students are faced with many changes in their lives, which can be difficult.
Learning to balance personal life, academic life, athletics and relationships (roommate, significant other, family, etc.) tends to be one of the biggest struggles for students, traditional to adult learners.
Counseling Services is here to help those who need support adjusting to the college and life challenges.
Whether is it one visit or multiple visits, Counseling Services is free to all students enrolled in academic coursework here at Viterbo University.
No one needs to struggle alone with these challenges. Let Counseling Services help you develop skills and techniques to live a balanced and healthy life.
The Viterbo University’s Counseling Services strives to provide and believe in creating a welcoming and inclusive environment to promote intellectual, and emotional growth and foster personal and social learning and development.
Counseling Services at Viterbo University promotes the mental health and well-being of students. Services provided are based on fostering the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, occupational and physical development of each person served.
- LeeAnn Van Vreede, MA, LPC, SAC, ICS
Director of Counseling Services
Licensed Professional Counselor, Substance Abuse Counselor, Intermediate Clinical Supervisor
Student Development Center #4
- Chyan Johanningmeier, MS, LPC-IT
Qualified Training Therapist
Licensed Professional Counselor in Training
Student Development Center #7
- Alicia Hengel, MA, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
Student Development Center #6
- Campus Safety and Security: ext. 3911 (on campus) or 608-780-1582 (off campus)
- Lifeline: Text "Listen" to 741741 or
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Life threatening emergency: 911
- Great Rivers 24-hour helpline: 211 (land line or campus phone) or 800-362-8255 (cell or land line). This is a free, confidential help-line for community information, referrals, and crises services 24 hours a day
- Mobile Crisis: 608-784-4357
- Gundersen Healthcare System: 608-782-7300 or 800-362-9567
- Mayo Healthcare System: 608-785-0940 or 800-362-5454