Welcome to the Viterbo family! Our community members are excited that you have chosen to enroll at Viterbo University to pursue your undergraduate studies. The next step in your journey is Student Transition and Registration (STAR).
STAR is designed to:
- Register you for fall classes, help you learn more about being a college student, and connect you with your classmates!
- Introduce you and your parents or guests to the Viterbo University community.
- Prepare you to be a confident first-year Viterbo University student. You will be ready to meet the challenges of higher education by:
- Beginning to build student confidence and ease anxiety about the transition to college.
- Being introduced to student support services.
- Learning about academic standards and expectations.
- Informing parents/guardians about issues affecting you as a student.
As a new incoming first-year student, you are required to attend one of the in-person registration days. Parents/guests are also invited and encouraged to attend. Though we are carefully planning out our space and activities for a safe in-person experience, due to space needs and the ongoing pandemic, each student registering will be limited to two guests for this in-person event.
In-person STAR Dates for 2021
Sign-up for one date!
- Monday, June 21 - At capacity, please select another day
- Tuesday, June 22 - At capacity, please select another day
- Wednesday, June 23 - At capacity, please select another day
- Thursday, June 24 - At capacity, please select another day
- Friday, June 25
- Financial Aid Office
- Viterbo Bookstore
- Health Services and COVID-19 Information and Resources
- Business Office Information for Students
- Parent Portal Information
Schedule for the day
- 7:15-8 a.m. Check-in, take ID photos, breakfast, mingle/meet your classmates!
- 8-8:20 a.m. Welcome and Overview of STAR
- 8:30-11:50 a.m. Individual registration appointments and select information sessions
- 11:50 a.m.-1:40 p.m. Lunch and additional information sessions
- 1:50-2:10 p.m. Wrap-up and looking ahead toward fall
- 2:10-2:30 p.m. Information fair
The schedule is the same for each day listed above and includes sessions for students, family members and guardians, and appointments for each student with an academic advisor to complete fall registration. Students will be informed of their personalized STAR schedules and registration appointments at check-in.
Unable to attend?
Although STAR is a required event for our incoming first-year students, if you are unable to attend one of the dates above, we will offer an "in absentia" option where students may register with an academic advisor from a distance. Sign-up for in absentia registration here. An academic advisor will reach out to you to schedule your appointment. Appointments would be offered in late June and into July.