Welcome to Undergraduate Research and Creative Works at Viterbo University
We hope the resources and information presented here are helpful to you in your quest to learn more about the vibrant undergraduate scholarly culture at Viterbo. The goals of Viterbo University's undergraduate research initiatives are to:
- provide students with resources and opportunities to engage in meaningful faculty-student collaborative research and creative work.
- supply infrastructure and support to faculty who mentor undergraduate research and creative work.
- facilitate students’ presentation of their scholarship to faculty, peers, and community members.
- foster the growth of students as inquisitive scholars, engaged citizens, and ethical leaders.
Some of the ways we accomplish these goals are through our three university–wide undergraduate research initiatives.
Scholars Days is a university-wide celebration of Viterbo student achievement across academic disciplines.
Seven Rivers Undergraduate Research Symposium is a premier regional conference on undergraduate research and creative inquiry.
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program is an initiative that supports faculty-student collaborative research and creative projects during the summer.
In addition to the above initiatives, see these resources:
- Resources for Students includes tips on identifying faculty mentors, applying for research positions, and writing a research proposal.
- Resources for Faculty includes research ethics links, and mentoring resources.
- Student Spotlights with interviews and conversations with student researchers.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs) provides information and links outside of Viterbo University.
- Forms and Schedules related to information on summer research, conference funding, and Viterbo's Online Research Collection.
Enjoy exploring how Viterbo University facilitates student involvement in research and creative inquiry while supporting faculty mentorship and research interests.