- Returning student housing selection will take place on March 20, 21, and 22.
- Incoming student housing selection takes place on July 6, 7, and 8.
How do I request and select housing?
- Fill out your housing contract and pay your deposit
- Follow the instructions outlined in our housing guides to create your roommate profile on Viterbo's THD Self-Service
- Search for and match with roommates within Self-Service (please note, it will take up to 24 hours for your deposit to show up in Self-Service)
- Select housing at your assigned time!
Housing at Viterbo is assigned based on class standing. To learn more about the process for each class, click below!
Both national and institutional research show that students who live on campus earn better grades, graduate faster, and have a more satisfying college experience. With this in mind, Viterbo requires all freshmen and sophomores to live in university housing.
With the implementation of Viterbo’s Sophomore Residency Requirement, all sophomores are required to live on campus. Your housing assignment will be in one of our sophomore housing facilities (Rose, McDonald, Treacy, and Canticle). Information regarding selecting your roommates (groups of 2, 3, 4, or 5) and your housing assignments will be sent to your Viterbo email account on December 1.
Housing selection time will be honored based on housing deposit date. Students who do not complete the selection process will be randomly assigned (and billed for) on-campus housing. All second-year students will be placed in sophomore housing regardless of their projected graduation date.
Students with junior status (by graduation date) who request to live on campus by the published deadline will be placed in La Verna, Clare, and other apartments as space is available immediately following sophomore placement. Students who do not submit a housing contract or submit one after the deadline will not be included in the lottery process and may be placed on the on-campus housing waitlist.
Junior Housing Selection Nights will take place in early March. Selection times will be determined via a lottery system, with groups filling the entire apartment taking priority. Please note that 1) a graduated guest policy will be in effect for both La Verna and Clare and 2) upper-class students have until May 1 to withdraw their housing contract for a full refund.
Students with senior status (by graduation date) who request to live on-campus will be provided housing as space is available. Selection time slots will be determined via a lottery system, with groups filling an entire apartment taking priority. Seniors interested in living on campus should submit a housing contract by the published deadline. Students who do not submit a contract or submit it after the deadline will not be included in the lottery process and may be placed on the on-campus housing waitlist.
Senior Housing Selection Night will take place in early March following placement of Juniors. Waitlists will be established for those not granted on-campus housing; spaces will be offered to waitlisted students as they become available. Please note that 1) a graduated guest policy will be in effect for both La Verna and Clare and 2) upper-class students have until May 1 to withdraw their housing contract for a full refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am a First-year student/Sophomore who signed a lease. Can I be refunded for the rest of the semester? You are responsible for the entire semester's housing charges unless you apply for and are granted an exemption. Signing of a lease does not release you from your campus housing contract.
- If I came in with extra credits, which housing selection will I participate in? For the purpose of housing, class status (first-year student, sophomore, junior, senior) is determined by year of admission, not credit hours. This means that if you are entering your second year at Viterbo and you came in as a new freshman, you would participate in the sophomore housing selection process.
- How many people can I live with? Viterbo apartments house anywhere from two people (Canticle, Clare, La Verna) to five people (Treacy).
- I'd like a private room. How do I get one? Guaranteed private rooms are available online in Canticle, three-bedroom Treacy apartments, and Clare. We will honor requests to buy out singles as space allows, prioritizing medical singles over all other requests.
- I was granted an exemption my first year. Do I need to reapply sophomore year? Nope! The exemption form only needs to be completed once.
- Can I still reclaim my apartment? There will no longer be an option to reclaim apartments from year to year.
- Can Juniors and Seniors live together? Yes! If 50% or less of the group are Seniors, you will be able to select housing during the Junior selection process. If 50% or more of the group are Seniors, you will participate in the Senior selection process.
- I signed up to live on campus, but I changed my mind. Can I cancel my contract? Cancellation from the housing contract is possible for Juniors and Seniors before the academic year begins by filling out this form, but the financial impact changes on a sliding scale.
- Housing sign up through May 1: Cancellation of contract possible. $100 housing deposit returned.
- May 1 through August 1: Cancellation of contract possible. Housing deposit not returned.
- August 1 through Start of Fall Classes: Cancellation of contract possible. $500 fine applies.
- Start of Fall Classes through End of Academic Year: Contracts cannot be cancelled.