More than 600 students choose to live on campus each year and claim Viterbo as their "home away from home." Local and national research shows that students who live on campus for at least their first year of college are retained at higher rates, are more involved in co-curricular activities, are more connected to the university community, and graduate faster than students who live off campus. Our mascot, Vic the V-Hawk, even has his own Top 10 Reasons to Live on Campus.
Whether you currently live on campus, are looking to move back on campus, or are a student new to Viterbo, we're here to help! Pages created specifically for current students, prospective students, and parents are available on the right. For more information about living on campus, follow those links or call our office at 608-796-3116.
For the most up-to-date information regarding the University's actions and communications, please visit Moving Forward @ Viterbo website.
Updates and Announcements
- Summer Housing Assistant applications are now available! Summer Housing Assistants work in the office of Residence Life over the summer, and are compensated via hourly pay and free housing accommodations. To learn more and apply, CLICK HERE.
- Housing contracts for the 2021-2022 academic year are now being accepted!
- Please click here to submit your contract and pay your deposit.
- Then, log into Viterbo's THD Self Service to match with roommates by Friday, March 5.
- UPDATE: Returning student housing selection will take place on March 9, 10, and 11.
- New student housing selection will take place on July 5, 6, and 7.
- Full instructions can be accessed in our housing selection guides:
- Wondering Where to Eat or Gather? As the weather grows colder, we wanted to provide you a list of spaces where you can eat or gather indoors. Please remember to wear masks unless eating, and maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times!
- “The Port” in Marian Hall
- Student Union
- Hawk’s Nest
- Reinhart Welcome Center (4pm-close Monday-Friday, all day on weekends)
- Krajewski Lounge (MRC 4th Floor)
- Social Justice and Equity Lounge, formerly know as the Diversity Lounge (MRC 5th Floor)
- Honors Lounge (MRC 5th Floor)
- Einstein’s (outside Library entrance, open Library hours but no food service)
- Brophy Center Commons (1st floor)
- Fine Arts Center Atrium (off FAC parking lot)
- Fine Arts Center Upper Lobbies (east and west sides)
- Nursing 1st Floor Foyer
- Nursing 2nd Floor Foyer
- Reinhart Commons (lower level)
- Reinhart 2nd Floor Study Room
- Reinhart Veterans Lounge (lower level)
Appointments with Residence Life Staff
Our office will not accept drop-in appointments until further notice. To make a reservation, please use the following links. Appointments are available both in person and via Zoom/Microsoft Teams.
Book an appointment with Joann Stacey (area coordinator, apartments)
Book an appointment with Margy Krogman (area coordinator, residence halls)
New Student Housing
We accept housing contracts throughout the year. If you are interested in living on campus, start by completing the Housing Agreement and paying the housing deposit.
Stay up to date with the Office of Student Life on Facebook.