Residency Requirement
La Crosse Area Residency

You may apply for exemption in order to live with parents or guardians who live within 60 miles of Viterbo University.


You may apply for exemption if you are married.

Parental Status

You may apply for exemption if you are expecting or are the parent or legal guardian of a child. A certified birth certificate or doctor/adoption agency note is required.


You may apply for exemption if you are over the age of 26.

New Transfer Student

You may apply for exemption if you are a new first-year student or sophomore transfer student; new transfers students with junior status or higher do not need to apply for an exemption.

Medical/accessibility related condition

You may apply for an exemption if you are diagnosed with a medical or disability condition that precludes you from living in university housing even with reasonable accommodations (i.e. private room on campus). You will be required to provide medical documentation that supports your request, and your request will be approved or denied by the Accessibility Services Coordinator.