Accreditation and Approvals
Viterbo University and its programs are accredited by:
- The Higher Learning Commission; 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504; 800-621-7440;
- American Chemical Society (ACS);1155 Sixteenth St. NW, Washington, DC 20036; 1-800-333-9511; http://www.acs.org
- American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB); 11200 Rockville Pike, Suite 302, Rockville, MD 20852; 240-283-6600; http://asbmb.org
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP); 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, (913) 339-9356; www.acbsp.org
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND); 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606-6995; 800-877-1600, ext. 5400; http://www.eatright.org/students/education/accreditedprograms.aspx
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE); 655 K Street NW, Suite 750; Washington DC, 20001; 202-887-6791; http://www.ccneaccreditation.org
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP); 500 Montgomery Street, Suite 350, Alexandria, VA, 22314; 703-535-5990; http://www.cacrep.org
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE); 1725 Duke Street, Suite 500, Alexandria, VA 22314-3457; 703-683.8080; http://www.cswe.org/
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM); 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; 703-437-0700; http://nasm.arts-accredit.org
The nursing program is approved by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing for the licensure of registered nurses.
The substance abuse counseling program is approved by the State of Wisconsin’s Department of Safety and Professional Services as a pre-certification education program for Substance Abuse Counselor certification in the state of Wisconsin.
The social work program is recognized by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, Board of Marriage and Family Therapists, Professional Counselors, and Social Work as an accredited program that prepares students to apply for Certified Social Worker credential in the state of Wisconsin. The accreditation is also recognized by American Social Work Boards for credentialing in the United States.
The education program is recognized by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction for the certification of teachers in the elementary and secondary schools and for the training of veterans.
Viterbo University is recognized and approved by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission to offer degree programs in education.
Viterbo University is recognized and approved by the Iowa State Board of Education for the K-12 Principal licensure/Supervisor of Special Education (189). ()
Degree and Other Offerings
Viterbo University offers the following undergraduate degrees:
- Associate of Science in Education (for current Viterbo education students)
- Bachelor of Art Education
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Community-Medical Dietetics
- Bachelor of Science in Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Pre-And Post-Professional Programs
- Pre-Art Therapy, Chiropractic, Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Pathologist’s Assistant, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Veterinary
- Community Interpreting Certificate
Accelerated Degree Programs
- Biology (three years)
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Servant Leadership
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Science in Community-Medical Dietetics
- Master of Science in School Counseling
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Dietetic Internship
For further information on these programs and policies, students may refer to the university graduate catalog.
Statement of Non-discrimination
Viterbo University values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. Viterbo University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status in the administration of educational policies, programs, or activities; admission policies; scholarship or loan awards; athletic, or other university administered programs or employment. The Office of Human Resources has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy and may be contacted at Viterbo University, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601; 608-796-3930.