Direct admission to the nursing program, first requires admission to Viterbo University—Apply online. Direct admission will be granted to incoming first-year students (from high school) who meet the following criteria for entry into Viterbo for the 2022–23 and 2023–24 academic years:
- High school GPA of 3.65 or higher
- Completion of one year of high school chemistry, or equivalency, with grade of C or better
- Completion of two years of high school algebra, or equivalency, with grades of C or better
Priority deadline Feb. 1 – Direct admission may not be guaranteed for qualified applicants after the priority deadline.
Professional Nursing Sequence
To progress directly into the professional sequence of the program, direct admission students will need to:
- maintain full time enrollment at Viterbo University.
- maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the first year.
- affirm interest in entering the professional nursing sequence and preferred semester start (fall or spring) by April 1 of their first year, by completing the Professional Nursing Sequence application.
- Achieve grades of BC or higher in all nursing pre-requisite courses:
- ENGL 103 or ENGL 105 or ENGL 195
- PSYC 171
- BIOL 104 and BIOL 114
- CHEM 120 and CHEM 121 OR CHEM 106
- SOCL 125
If a student does not meet the above criteria for direct admission during their first year, but still meets the requirements for the professional nursing sequence, they will need to apply using the holistic review application.
Note: All direct admission students who meet the above requirements will be guaranteed admission into the professional sequence of the program in either the fall or spring of their sophomore year.