Professional Nursing Sequence Application
Once admitted to the university as a nursing major, students may then submit a separate Professional Nursing Sequence application, if they meet all of the academic criteria.
Students not directly admitted as first-year or transfer students to the professional nursing sequence, may be admitted through holistic admission. Holistic admission, first requires admission to Viterbo University—Apply online—and meeting the following criteria for entry into Viterbo for the 2023–24 and 2024–25 academic years:
- High school rank in the 50th percentile or higher
- Applicants with no high school rank must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of one year of high school chemistry, or equivalency, with grade of C or better
- Completion of two years of high school algebra, or equivalency, with grades of C or better
- Students must submit transcripts from all previous post secondary schools attended
- Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on transfer credits
Any student that does not meet the above requirements may be admitted as a pre-nursing student. These students will complete coursework to prepare them for admission to the nursing program.
Below are the three elements of the holistic review process and the instructions for completing the holistic review application process. Please click on the following links to view all requirements: