Seven Rivers Undergraduate Research Symposium
Friday, November 9, 2018, 9am-4:30pm
Viterbo University, La Crosse, Wisconsin
the deadline for abstract/registration submissions for the 2018 Sympoisum has passed.
Even if you did not register, you are still invited to attend the Keynote, Oral, and Poster presentations. Please email email@example.com with any questions!
Each year, several hundred people from the tri-state area convene on the Viterbo University campus to see and experience undergraduate student research and creative works from a variety of disciplines. Undergraduate students from institutions throughout the Midwest (and beyond!) share their work via research posters, artistic displays, and oral presentations. Please see the links below for more information about this year's event. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Presenter Resources
2018 Keynote Speaker
The title of Dr. Sood's keynote address at 10:10am is Helping Twenty-First Century Brains: A Back-Stage View.
Thanks to the generosity of the D.B. Reinhart Institute for Ethics in Leadership, our 2018 Seven Rivers keynote speaker will be Amit Sood, M.D. Dr. Sood is a professor of medicine at Mayo Clinic and directs the Mind-Body Medicine Initiative. He is also the creator of the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Resilient Mind program and has authored multiple books including The Mayo Clinic Guide to Stress-Free Living, The Mayo Clinic Handbook for Happiness, Immerse: A 52-Week Course in Resilient Living, and Mindfulness Redesigned for the Twenty-first Century. Sood received the 2010 Distinguished Service Award, the 2010 Innovator of the Year Award, the 2013 Outstanding Physician Scientist Award, and the 2016 Faculty of the Year Award from Mayo Clinic. He was also honored as the Robert Wood Johnson Health Care Pioneer in 2015. The Intelligent Optimist (formerly Ode Magazine) selected Sood as one among the top 20 intelligent optimists helping the world to be a better place. In 2016, he was selected as the top impact maker in healthcare in Rochester, Minn.
- Viterbo Connections and the La Crosse Tribune wrote articles highlighting the Seven Rivers Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- CLICK HERE to view photos from Seven Rivers 2017.
- "I loved being able to present my research for my first time at such a welcoming university! The people were all very friendly and accommodating" - Student Presenter 2017
- "My favorite part was the numerous students and faculty from other schools who came to share their research with us. Many of these projects provide good examples for our students and faculty of what is truly rigorous and high-quality undergraduate research" - Faculty Attendee 2017
- "The evaluation forms were my favorite part. Receiving the comments from my oral presentation was extremely useful for my future presentations." - Student Presenter 2017
Materials from Past Seven Rivers Undergraduate Research Symposiums
- Alphabetical List of Student Research Presenters
- 2016 Seven Rivers Oral Research Presentation Schedule
- 2016 Seven Rivers Poster Session Schedule