Welcome to Viterbo University's Undergraduate Research website. We hope the resources and information presented here are helpful to you in your quest to learn more about the undergraduate scholarly culture at Viterbo. The three links below will connect you to more information about our three primary undergraduate research initiatives.
- Scholars' Day is a university-wide celebration of Viterbo student achievement across academic disciplines. Scholars' Day 2015 is slated for Friday, April 24th. Mark your calendars and be sure to join us. Faculty and staff are invited to coordinate sessions or participate in the multidisciplinary poster or oral presentation sessions. Students may also register to give their poster or oral presentation as a part of one of the multidisciplinary sessions. Click on the link above for event information and the online registration forms.
- Seven Rivers Undergraduate Research Symposium is a premier regional conference on undergraduate research and creative inquiry.This year's event occurred on Friday, November 14th. Thanks to all who made this year's event a success!
- Summer Research Fellowship Program is an initiative that supports faculty-student collaborative research and creative projects during the summer. The deadline to submit applications has passed - thank you to all who submitted applications for this coming summer's program! Notifications will be sent out in late March.
In addition to providing information about the above-mentioned initiatives, this page also contains the following:
- Resources for students, including tips on identifying faculty mentors, applying for research positions, and writing a research proposal.
- Resources for faculty, including research ethics links, and mentoring resources.
- Student Spotlights with interviews and conversations with student researchers (coming soon)
- Information and links to research experiences for undergraduates (REUs) outside Viterbo University.
- Forms and schedules related to summer research, conference funding, and Viterbo's Online Research Collection.
Enjoy perusing our site and exploring how Viterbo facilitates student involvement in multidisciplinary research while simultaneously supporting faculty mentorship and research interests.
Questions about undergraduate research at Viterbo or any of the above-listed initiatives? Contact Kirsten Gabriel, Academic Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.