Undergraduate Research and Creative Works
at Viterbo University
We hope the resources and information presented here are helpful to you in your quest to learn more about the vibrant undergraduate scholarly culture at Viterbo. The goals of Viterbo University's undergraduate research initiatives are to:
- provide students with the resources and opportunities to engage in meaningful faculty-student collaborative research and creative work;
- supply infrastructure and support to faculty who mentor undergraduate research and creative work;
- facilitate students’ presentation of their scholarship to faculty, peers, and community members; and
- foster the growth of students as inquisitive scholars, engaged citizens, and ethical leaders.
Some of the ways we accomplish these goals are through our three university-wide undergraduate research initiatives (more information about each event can be accessed by clicking on the red event title).
Scholars' Days is a university-wide celebration of Viterbo student achievement across academic disciplines. Save the date: April 26-29, 2017.
Seven Rivers Undergraduate Research Symposium is a premier regional conference on undergraduate research and creative inquiry. Next year's symposium will take place on Friday, November 11, 2016 - mark your calendars!
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program is an initiative that supports faculty-student collaborative research and creative projects during the summer.
In addition to information about the above-mentioned initiatives, this page also contains:
- Resources for students, including tips on identifying faculty mentors, applying for research positions, and writing a research proposal.
- Resources for faculty, including research ethics links, and mentoring resources.
- Student spotlights with interviews and conversations with student researchers
- Information and links to research experiences for undergraduates (REUs) outside Viterbo University.
- Forms and schedules related to summer research, conference funding, and Viterbo's Online Research Collection.
Enjoy perusing our site and exploring how Viterbo facilitates student involvement in research and creative inquiry while supporting faculty mentorship and research interests! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kirsten Gabriel, Academic Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com or 608-796-3086.