Welcome to Viterbo University's Undergraduate Research website. We hope the resources and information presented here are helpful to you in your quest to learn more about the undergraduate scholarly culture at Viterbo.
The goals of Viterbo University's undergraduate research initiatives are to:
- provide students with the resources and opportunities to engage in meaningful faculty-student collaborative research and creative work;
- supply infrastructure and support to faculty who mentor undergraduate research and creative work;
- facilitate students’ presentation of their scholarship to faculty, peers, and community members; and
- foster the growth of students as inquisitive scholars, engaged citizens, and ethical leaders.
Some of the ways we accomplish these goals are through our three university-wide undergraduate research initiatives (see links below).
Scholars' Days is a university-wide celebration of Viterbo student achievement across academic disciplines.
Thanks to everyone who participated in and contributed to the success of Scholars' Days 2015! We hope you join us again next year - please check back in January 2016 for information about Scholars' Days 2016.
Seven Rivers Undergraduate Research Symposium is a premier regional conference on undergraduate research and creative inquiry. Please plan to join us on Friday, November 6th, 2015 for our 13th annual Symposium. Undergraduates engaging in research and creative works in all disciplines are encouraged to attend. Registration information will become available in September 2015.
In addition to information about the above-mentioned initiatives, this page also contains:
- Resources for students, including tips on identifying faculty mentors, applying for research positions, and writing a research proposal.
- Resources for faculty, including research ethics links, and mentoring resources.
- Student spotlights with interviews and conversations with student researchers
- Information and links to research experiences for undergraduates (REUs) outside Viterbo University.
- Forms and schedules related to summer research, conference funding, and Viterbo's Online Research Collection.
Enjoy perusing our site and exploring how Viterbo facilitates student involvement in research and creative inquiry while supporting faculty mentorship and research interests.
Questions? Contact Kirsten Gabriel, Academic Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com.