Adjunct Faculty Development Grant
This page contains the following information regarding faculty development grants:
Individual Grant Parameters
Eligibility: Adjunct faculty development grants are open to any current adjunct faculty member. Grants may request up to $500 per year for projects related to scholarly or teaching development opportunities. There are a limited number of these grants and as such applications will be evaluated on a first come first served basis.
Purpose: Adjucnt faculty development funds are available to encourage adjunct faculty growth through underwriting pedagogical development and pursuit of scholarly and creative endeavors. The following provides a sample of covered expenses.
- Attending conferences, workshops, exhibitions, and seminars pertaining to either one’s teaching areas or scholarship. Including support for administrative roles in conferences or workshops.
- Presenting new research (Poster, Round table, Panel, Musical or other artistic work) or other scholarly work (invited paper, Keynote address, musical or theater performance) for academic peers.
- Other forms of scholarly activities that may not conform to established standards must be justified and supported by department/dean.
- Resources related to bringing in outside personnel for on-site professional development.
- Support for research directly related to one’s scholarship or teaching including: purchasing books, data sets, assessments, journals, professional memberships, lab supplies, instruments, analytical and testing services. Items purchased become property of Viterbo University.
- Professional travel to archives, museums, exhibits, historical centers or sites, musical and theater productions directly tied into ones teaching or scholarship.
- Support for materials to develop new courses.
- Other activities not directly referenced that foster joint faculty-student scholarship or enhance instructional skills (individual or institutional).
- Costs related to public dissemination of scholarly products including publication or performance.
Please follow the instructions below carefully.
Complete a response to each of the bulleted items listed below and when ready click the button below to copy your responses into the online application form:
- Please provide a description of the proposed project or activity and include dates/times/locations. If you are applying just to attend a conference for the first time, what aspects of the conference might you consider in planning your own presentation submission at next year’s conference?
- Please specify at least two professional development outcomes that you hope to achieve by engaging in the proposed activity. At least one of those outcomes must demonstrate how the activity/experience will provide a direct influence on teaching and learning individually or institutionally. Please use the following format to identify a method to assess your successful achievement of stated outcomes and/or measurable progress toward achieving the outcomes by submission of your final report (within a couple of weeks after the event).
Intended Outcome: What is expected to come from this objective/learning activity or project?
Evaluation: How will success be measured?
Potential Implementation: What might be implemented into teaching responsibilities? Please be specific about this.
- Do you have the support of your dean or department chair for this project?
- Please provide a short description of how the award money will be used.
Once you have a response to each of the bulleted items above, please complete the following online application. In this form, you will be asked to copy your responses you have prepared above, so please have them ready.
Grant Follow-Up Instructions
After completing the conference or professional development activity for which you had an approved Faculty Development grant, within 10 days of returning from travel or at the completion of the event, submit a completed travel expense form (travelexpenseform.xls) to Scott Gabriel with appropriate receipts to be reimbursed for your pre-approved incurred expenses (ones described in your application). Receipts may either me scanned and emailed as a pdf to Scott Gabriel or sent via campus mail.