School of Humanities
Welcome to the School of Humanities!
Over a century ago, the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration recognized the importance of educating the whole person when they began teaching young students in the La Crosse area. This tradition continues to guide educational directions at Viterbo through liberal arts programs in the humanities; Foundations, Ways of Thinking, and Mission Seminars in the core curriculum; and serving as a vital center for research and scholarship in the La Crosse region.
Humanities Programs at Viterbo
- Majors in art, art education, broadfield social studies, English, history, philosophy, religious studies, and Spanish.
- Minors in art, English literature, ethics, history, interpreting studies, ministry, philosophy, political science, religious studies, Spanish, sustainability, and many more!
- Certificate in community interpreting.
- Faculty members who are dedicated to helping students develop their critical thinking, analysis, logic, communication and research skills.
- Preparation for a broad range of graduate school programs including art, English, law, library science, education, history, philosophy, Spanish, and Christian counseling or seminary degrees.
- Opportunities to work with faculty mentors to develop and present undergraduate research and artistic works.
- Alumni accepted into graduate programs, or with successful careers in law, public service, non-profits, public relations, writing and publishing.
For more information, contact:
Sara Cook, Ph.D.