Health Care Management (B.B.A. Degree Completion)
Viterbo’s health care management degree completion program is an online program that allows students to complete a Bachelor of Business Administration degree using previously earned college credit, military credit, or credit for prior learning. Most students enter this program with 30+ prior college credits in business or health care disciplines. Health care management represents the study of business in health care settings, allowing students to build upon their practical experience and skills while expanding upon knowledge in legal and ethical issues, quality improvement, marketing, and economic aspects of health care.
- All students pursuing the B.B.A. degree must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in the major requirement courses, and students must receive a letter grade of C (2.0) or higher in each of these courses. If a grade of CD or below is earned in any of these courses, the course must be repeated until a grade of C or higher is achieved. Students pursuing the business education major must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in all business and education coursework.
- All transfer students seeking an undergraduate degree offered by the Dahl School of Business must earn a minimum of 15 credits of business coursework at Viterbo University.
- Students completing a bachelor completion degree may not concurrently double major or double degree in a major offered as a traditional student major.
- Demonstrate mastery of management theories, principles, processes and skills, specific to the health care industry, to effectively lead and develop people in a health care setting
- Apply principles of various business disciplines (including statistics, accounting, and finance) to address complex health care issues
- Analyze the health care policy and delivery systems that drive strategies toward affordability, access, and growth
- Apply sound legal and ethical decision-making skills to effectively address issues that affect health care organizations
- Demonstrate the use of health care informatics to support organizational efficiency, regulatory compliance, and clinical and managerial decision-making
- Examine the current quality improvement tools that are used to improve patient care and increase patient satisfaction