Join Campus Ministry for our Magnify Retreat!
Friday, October 13 - Sunday, October 15, 2023
Friday, February 23 - Sunday, February 25, 2024
What is Magnify?
Magnify is a student-led Christian retreat (founded in the Catholic Franciscan tradition) with the goal of helping students live a more complete and dedicated Christian life through the building of an intentional and vibrant community. Persons of all faith traditions are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
- escape the stress of your busy student life for a weekend
- have the opportunity to talk openly about your faith, your doubts, and your fears
- live a life of prayer and learn more about Christ
- make connections with other students and members of your community who are striving to live a full Christian life
- have a chance to be YOU, just as God so masterfully created!
What it is…
A chance to experience a vibrant Christian community while having the opportunity to (re)discover and renew your faith. This is done through small-group discussions, reflections on speaker talks and meditations, time for ritual, time for prayer and contemplation, and opportunities to build new relationships with other students.
What it is not…
- A basic course in the creed, the commandments, doctrine, etc.
How much does it cost?
- $20 for Viterbo students
- $75 for non-Viterbo students
- Need for financial assistance? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Emilio Alvarez, Director of Campus Ministry, at email@example.com
How do I sign up?
- Fill out the web form at the bottom of this page as soon as possible.
When and where is this thing?
- Dates: Friday, October 13 (tentatively 4 p.m.) until Sunday, October 15 (return to campus in the afternoon)
- Magnify 2023 will be at Camp Gray (Outside the Wisconsin Dells)
- We will have transportation for the group.
What do I bring?
- Once you complete the registration, you will receive a more detailed packing list. Nothing out of the ordinary is expected. You'll bring clothing, a pillow, bedding/sleeping bag, a towel, toiletries, a water bottle, and anything else you need to be comfortable. You will be encouraged to leave all electronics and homework at home/school to allow for space from the distractions of everyday life.
For more information, contact the Director of Campus Ministry, Emilio Alvarez.