The Franciscan Recognition Program offers the Viterbo Community a way to acknowledge good work and extend appreciation to employees who live the Franciscan Mission and Values in their daily work. Recognition can be provided by peers, students, supervisors, or external community members. Viterbo wants to hear about the wonderful things our employees are doing and be able to recognize them.
To nominate an employee, complete the online form at www.viterbo.edu/franciscanrecognition (see categories below). When a nomination is received, the nominated employee, their supervisor, and the nominator will be notified. There are three levels of recognition-bronze, silver, and gold. Each nomination earns the recipient a bronze pin. Recipients are able to exchange 5 bronze pins for a silver pin or exchange ten bronze pins for a gold pin.
Categories of Recognition
Living the Mission and Values
- Models the Franciscan Spirit, through living out our values of contemplation, hospitality, integrity, stewardship, and service
- Serves as a role model and leader for students, employees, or external community members.
- Leads others through partnership
- Makes a positive impact on a group, department, or committee
- Is a champion of positivity-promoting positive and productive interaction
- Engages with others across campus to promote initiatives
- Invests time and effort to coaching and/or mentoring
Above and Beyond
- Takes our core value of service to the next level, far beyond their job responsibilities.
Making it Happen
- Does whatever it takes to get the job done, despite adversity. (e.g. limited resources, time constraints, and unexpected challenge)
- Consistently provides high quality, critical work that, if left undone, would have a significant impact on day to day operations.
- Demonstrates a willingness to make work improvements without prompting or fanfare
- Has a genuine desire to improve the workplace for Viterbo employees and students without any request for recognition
- Use this category, to include details for a nomination that doesn't fit into another category. Include details in the space provided on the form.