Apply to Honors Program
Incoming students are invited to apply for the Honors Program based on:
- ACT scores of 26 or higher (SAT combined scores of 1200 or higher)
- A high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Evidence of leadership and service during high school.
Students should submit:
- Honors Application (pdf) or New Student Program Application
- Brief writing sample
- Letter of recommendation from a high school administrator or teacher.
Applications are reviewed on an on-going basis. Students who do not meet one of the ACT/GPA requirements noted above are also encouraged to apply, especially if they demonstrate particular interest, motivation, and leadership potential.
Current Viterbo Students
Students that are currently enrolled at Viterbo and carry a GPA of 3.4 or higher may also apply for admission. These students should submit the following material to the Honors Office (Murphy Center 368):
- Letter of application
- Writing sample of 3-4 pages
- 2 letters of support from Viterbo faculty pointing to both academic and service engagement.
Applications are reviewed on an on-going basis. Viterbo students not enrolled in the program may take Honors sections of General Education courses with the permission of the instructor and the Honors Director.