Name of Committee: Campus Health Advisory Committee
The Campus Health Advisory Committee works to ensure continuity of Viterbo’s educational mission and institutional effectiveness by providing guidance to achieve a healthy and safe campus community.
Responsibility/Functions of Committee:
- Provide proactive assessment regarding health-related situations affecting campus.
- Minimize the impact of health risks and national health emergencies.
- Provide an inclusive environment and avoid stigmatization regarding any health-related situation.
- Coordinate with campus functional areas, and federal, state, and local health officials on issues and health guidance.
- Collect and analyze unique and peer-reviewed information on health threats as well as the health of Viterbo campus environments.
- Support health-related engagement for employees and students.
- Recommend to Cabinet/Deans actions and/or policy (temporary or permanent).
- Advisory to the president
- Makes recommendations to the Cabinet/Deans
Membership Make up
Members may recommend a designee from the same functional area.
- Director, Health Services
- Vice President, Student Life
- Director, Physical Plant
- Dean or Assistant Dean, School of Nursing
- Director, Instructional Support Services
- Assistant Director, Communications
- Vice President, Finance and Administration
- Executive Director, University Relations
- Director, Human Resources
- Director, Athletics
- Director of Counseling Services
- Director, Fine Arts Center
- Director, Graduate programs and Academic Initiatives
- Assistant Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness
- Faculty to represent an area pertinent to the committee’s work, appointed by the president
Additional campus leaders may be asked to join as needed
All members appointed by position.
Term of Service:
All members serve while in their position unless a designee representing the same functional area is appointed.
The committee will meet a minimum of once per semester, more frequently as the situation requires.