Save the Date: April 17, 2023
The Student Recognition Ceremony was held from 6:30–8:30 p.m. Monday, May 2, at the Weber Center in downtown La Crosse. Doors open at 6p for an appetizer social. CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS from this year.
CLICK HERE to watch the recording from this year.
Student leaders across campus are recognized for their contributions to the Viterbo and La Crosse community this year.
- Outstanding Student Leader Award: The Outstanding Student Leader Award is presented to three to five senior students who have exhibited continuous exemplary leadership, served as well-respected role models, and have persistently demonstrated a strong commitment to campus life, community service, and/or charitable organizations.
- Student Organization Member of the Year Award: The Student Organization Member of the Year Award is presented to an outstanding student organization member. The student selected will have made significant contributions in advancing the registered Viterbo student organization to which they belong.
- Student Organization Project of the Year Award: The Student Organization Project of the Year Award is given to recognize a project completed by a registered Viterbo student organization in good standing. The program or project honored will be one that makes a significant impact on campus life, student involvement, or the community.
- Student Service Award: Viterbo students are eligible for the Viterbo University Student Service Award in recognition of servant leader qualities and characteristics throughout their relationships, academics, and commitment to serving others. The award is given annually to a maximum of two students.
- St. Catherine’s Medal: The St. Catherine's Medal honors students who represent the high ideals of a Catholic college education, including but not limited to Viterbo University's core values of contemplation, hospitality, integrity, stewardship, and service.
- Involved Faculty Member Award: The Involved Faculty Member Award is presented annually to a faculty member to recognize their contributions to students and the university through the development of and participation in Viterbo extracurricular activities. Selection criteria include exemplary service to Viterbo student organizations and/or developing programs or coordinating functions designed to enhance campus life.
Nominations may come from students or employees, but recipients cannot self-nominate. Undergraduate students who have made a significant and demonstrated contribution to the common good through research, academic pursuits, and/or involvement-related service are eligible for this award. Community identified needs, a connection to Viterbo and our core values, and the impact of growth/learning from the recipient are all factored into the nomination evaluation criteria.
Email Colin Burns-Gilbert (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amanda Meyer (email@example.com) for more information.