Do you have a favorite Viterbo story?
Did a professor or mentor challenge you in a meaningful way?
Did you find your sweetheart?
Have friendships enriched your life?
The Viterbo University Alumni Association has partnered with Publishing Concepts Inc. (PCI) to create the Viterbo oral history project, a unique alumni history publication that includes Viterbo alumni across generations, professions, and locations.
Starting in June, PCI will contact alumni via mail, phone, or email seeking stories and updated contact information. By sharing memories, alumni will ensure the rich history of their alma mater is preserved. Information will not be shared with outside entities. Participants will also have the opportunity to purchase a VU Oral History book or electronic version, but purchase is not required to participate.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-796-3072 or with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Viterbo University. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows Viterbo University to hear about your personal experiences and explain how Viterbo University has helped shape your lives.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – preserves the history of our school
- Revenue – generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time at Viterbo University. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Viterbo University at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com or to the School directly.
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
Should you have any other questions please contact Viterbo’s alumni office at 608-796-3072.