Instructional Support Services (ISS) manages and supports instructional and curriculum design efforts by providing instructional design services, supporting the effective use of the University LMS (Moodle), faculty and adjunct development efforts, and administering various academic technologies for Academic Affairs, including course evaluations, test scanning, and video asset management (Echo360).
Areas of support include the following:
- Moodle and integrated technologies, such as Lockdown Browser
- Video support (Echo360)
- Optical test scanning
- Media digitization (via the library)
- Student course evaluation administration
- Adapting and designing course activities for learner-centered environments (both online and face to face)
- Effectively choosing and using technologies for teaching and learning
- Identifying efficiencies in course management
- Curricular redesign
- Online course design
- Creating interactive learning tools
Instructors also have access to the Learning Commons, MRC 250 with collaboration space.
For additional information related to Instructional Support Services, please visit the Instructional Support Services intranet site (available to faculty, adjunct faculty, and staff):
How Can We Help?
Do you have questions about the tools available to you as an instructor? Or would you like help with course design? Email email@example.com for assistance. We are happy to help.
Tutorials and how-to videos are available on a variety of topics, including Moodle and Office 365.
Face to Face Sessions
In-person sessions are scheduled during faculty in-service and out-service weeks, as well as on an as-needed basis. If you would like to schedule a session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.