2022-2023 Audition Information
Prospective music majors are required to submit a digital portfolio using the Acceptd platform and complete an audition for the music faculty. Admission to the music department is contingent upon admission to Viterbo University (apply online). If you are unsure of your application status, contact the admissions office at 608-796-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow this sequence of steps:
- APPLY to Viterbo University. Please note: Only students who have applied and been accepted to the university by our admissions office are eligible for admission to the Music Department. If you are unsure of your application status, contact admissions at 608-796-3010 or email@example.com.
- Submit your digital portfolio and indicate your preferred audition date and location. Instructions are in the “Start an Audition Registration Form” on the left side of our Acceptd welcome page. Upon submission of your completed portfolio, we will use the Acceptd message board to confirm the date and time of your audition.
- Questions or concerns, contact Toni Groshek at 608-796-3760.
How To Prepare For Your Audition
Prospective music majors will perform two contrasting pieces for a faculty audition panel. For singers, there is no foreign language requirement and an accompanist will be provided for auditions on campus. Please prepare 3-hole punched copies of your music within a binder for the accompanist. For singers who choose to audition virtually, using a pre-recorded accompaniment track is acceptable.
Here are the 2022-2023 audition dates. Virtual auditions will be held through Acceptd's AuditionRoom:
- Friday, December 2 (in-person)
- Saturday, December 3 (virtual)
- Friday, February 24 (in-person)
- Saturday, February 25 (virtual)
- Friday, March 31 (in-person)
- Saturday, April 1 (virtual)
Schedule your audition within your Acceptd application by selecting your preferred audition date. Audition times are assigned in chronological order on a first come/first serve basis and are confirmed with a message through the Acceptd message board.
Fees Charged by Acceptd (If you’d like information about these fees, please submit a ticket at the Acceptd Help Desk.)
A $30 payment is required to make your portfolio available to us. An additional $30 is required IF you choose the virtual audition option through AuditionRoom. Viterbo University is not able to waive either of these fees.
Note: The Viterbo University admissions office does not charge an application fee.
Renewable academic merit scholarships and talent scholarships are awarded based on GPA, resume, and audition. These scholarships are in addition to other academic awards and financial aid that you may be eligible to receive. Prospective students who submit their Acceptd portfolio and schedule their audition prior to March 1, 2023 are given priority consideration for talent scholarships.
For More Information
Dr. James Wilson
Director of Choral Studies, Associate Professor
Music Department Chair