All incoming students are required to complete the Viterbo University Student Health Immunization Form and also the Hepatitis B and Meningitis Form prior to admission to Viterbo University.
At Viterbo University health services, our goal is to enhance the learning experience of each student by promoting the wellness of the entire university. We strive to:
Require and enforce health regulations.
- Have a documented healthy campus by requiring completed immunization records on file.
- Offer health services for minor illnesses or injuries and assessment of health status.
- Make referrals to health care providers as needed.
- Provide health information and materials to enable the students to make informed decisions and empower them to be self-directed in the use of health care facilities.
Health services is staffed by a full-time registered nurse who is here to provide you with the best possible care.
Temperature Screening During COVID-19: No student or employee should come to campus if they are symptomatic for COVID-19. Any student or employee of Viterbo University is encouraged to have their temperature taken by trained staff during business hours (8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.) at the following locations on campus:
- Brophy – TBD
- Murphy Center – in the Health Services office, Room 340
- Residence Life office – Laurie Schmidt
- Fine Arts Center – Jen, Jack or Doug
- Reinhart Center – Welcome Center staff
- Mathy Center – Front desk staff
- Varsity Athletic Center – Lynn Tully, VAC office
- Physical Plant – Dawn Popp front desk
- Campus Ministry house – Emilio Alvarez
- Nursing Center – Barb Clark or Kim Garves
Do you have a health question? ASK THE NURSE
On evenings and weekends, please send questions/concerns to: email@example.com
Sue Danielson, RN
Director of Health Services
900 Viterbo Drive
La Crosse, WI 54601
Eileen Martinson, RN
Health Services Nurse
Hours of Operation:
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. when classes are in session.
Closed on weekends and holidays.
If Health Services is closed and you need to be seen by a health care provider, here are the available resources in our area:
Mayo Clinic Health System Urgent Care
700 West Ave. S., La Crosse
Hours: 6 a.m.–midnight every day
Family Health Clinic of La Crosse
815 S. 10th St., La Crosse
Hours: Monday–Thursday, 7 a.m.–7 p.m., Friday 7 a.m.–5 p.m.
Same day services usually available by appointment. Identify yourself as VU student when calling.
Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center Urgent Care
1900 South Ave., La Crosse
608-782-7300 ext. 52192
Hours: Monday–Friday 7 a.m.–9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m.–7p.m.
Holidays: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Nurse Advisor Line: 608-775-4454; 1-800-858-1050
Gundersen Lutheran Express Care
La Crosse: Inside Festival Foods, Village Shopping Center, 2500 State Road 33, La Crosse
Onalaska: Inside Festival Foods, Crossing Meadows Shopping Center
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Cost: $62 and insurance is accepted.
St. Clare Health Mission Clinic
916 Ferry St., La Crosse
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5 p.m.–8 p.m
Serves those without insurance; financial guidelines apply.
Located in the Breidenbach Wellness Center, 1526 Rose St., La Crosse
Hours: Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–7 p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m.–noon
Pay at the time of services.
In Case of Emergency
There is access to Franciscan Skemp Healthcare and emergency services located within one block of the campus or Gundersen Health System, 1910 South Ave., or call 911. All doctor and hospital fees incurred are the responsibility of the student. If you have insurance, bring your card with you to your appointment.