Undocumented and DREAMer Scholarships

Viterbo University has a long history of educating and serving immigrant communities in our region, starting with our founders, the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, in 1890. 

We are proud to be the first Wisconsin college to partner with TheDream.US to provide scholarships to qualified undocumented immigrant students who came to the


United States as children, also known as “DREAMers." TheDream.US, the nation’s largest college access program for undocumented immigrant students, raises private funds and awards scholarships to help students pay for their college education. Viterbo is proud to partner with TheDream.US to provide an affordable private college education and comprehensive student support to highly motivated undocumented students who want nothing more than to get a college education.  

The National Scholarship is renewable and covers up to $33,000 in tuition and fees (up to $8,250 per year) plus up to $6,000 ($1,500 per year) in books and supplies. 

Students interested in this scholarship have until February 28, 2023 to apply. To apply, visit www.thedream.us/scholarships/national-scholarship/

To further care for TheDream.US selected scholars, Viterbo University will cover the difference between their TheDream.US scholarship and remaining tuition and mandatory fees.  

Reach out to Grace Marco by email ghmarco@viterbo.edu or phone 608-796-3013  for more information.  

You may qualify if you are an undocumented immigrant student and plan to begin, continue, or transfer into a full-time bachelor’s degree program at Viterbo University in the fall of 2023 or spring of 2024. Up-to-date information on TheDream.US National Scholarship eligibility can be found here. Requirements include: 

  • Being an undocumented immigrant, coming to the United States before November 1, 2017, and having lived continuously in the United States since then, or having DACA or TPS; 

  • Coming to the United States before the age of 16 (if you were born in the U.S., you are not eligible for this scholarship); 

  • Having significant unmet financial need; 

  • Graduating from a United States high school (or having earned a high school equivalency diploma) before the fall of 2023; 

  • Having graduated with a high school GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale or having a cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or better; 

  • Intending to enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at a Partner College in your state in the fall of 2023 or spring of 2024. (For Wisconsin students, Viterbo University is the only college partner.)  


Additional Education Resources

Immigrant Rising