Viterbo University is closed today. All classes are cancelled and only essential personnel are required to report to work.
Viterbo University is committed to ongoing review of academic programs to enhance educational effectiveness and student learning through continuous program improvement.
The purpose of the review process is to ensure that each program is:
- congruent with the mission, vision, and values of the university
- meeting the goals for which it was designed,
- current, relevant and viable,
- utilizing assessment data for quality improvement, and
- in possession of adequate resources.
Every academic program is reviewed on a five year cycle, based on a summary report and evidence provided by the academic program through a self-study process. There are two distinct program review committees at the undergraduate and graduate level. Both committees have representation from diverse programs across campus, as well as the library and institutional research and assessment. Through ongoing, in-depth study of all programs by diverse faculty from across campus, Viterbo also benefits through knowledge-sharing and increased understanding of all programs.