Mission and Functions
The Office of Assessment and Institutional Research advances Viterbo University’s mission by supporting decision-making, planning, and evaluation through information and analysis for institutional effectiveness.
- Assessment: Support effective use of student outcomes assessment to improve student learning and sustain quality academic programs.
- Public Reporting: Maintain, update, and promote accurate public data in compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act and coordinate external reporting of institutional statistics to federal, state, accrediting agencies, and other entities.
- Data access: Collaborate in the ongoing development of dashboards and reports useful for tracking student success, institutional effectiveness, and strategic planning metrics.
- Data analysis: Disseminate analytical reports for use across the institution and by senior leaders and policy-making university bodies.
- Data governance: Contribute to governance of university data (reliability, standardized definitions, appropriate access) and promote data access for information and continuous improvement.
- Evaluation support: Provide administrative oversight and technical support for university evaluation tools (Qualtrics, TracDat, and Tableau).
- Data promotion: Collaborate in convening producers and users of data for quality data collection, appropriate access, analysis, and interpretation for informed decision making.