We are currently planning our next symposium for September 2023. We are exploring the brain as a topic and we are leaning towards focusing on traumatic brain injuries (TBI). More information coming soon.
- Due to a generous donation by the Agnes W.H. Tan family, this symposium is free. However, registration is required.
- Participants can register for the morning sessions, afternoon sessions, or the entire day.
- The symposium will be live with streaming options so that participants can choose an option that fits them best.
In the past, there have been many gains in health care that have drastically affected our health outcomes and have led to longer lifespans.
This New York Times Magazine article claims that our life expectancy has doubled in the past 100 years due to many science breakthroughs. The authors claim that we infrequently think of this progress because they have happened over time and we no longer see the alarming death rates in these areas.
Yet, there are still substantial gaps in the health outcomes between socioeconomic, racial, ethnic, and many other underrepresented groups in the U.S. and around the world. As we saw in the recent pandemic, many groups experienced significantly worse outcomes than the overall U.S. population.
What do we need to know going forward so that no one is left behind as science and medicine advance?
The content of this symposium is for a college-level audience. We encourage anyone interested in the topic to join. This event is free and open to the public.
- All are welcome to join for this symposium.
- The event's COVID-19 protocols will follow Viterbo University's policies.
- Interested in parking options, bathrooms, Mother's rooms, or maps of campus? Visit our Hospitality Page.
Please check out these booths of organizations working on health equity. Booths will be set up from 11a.m.-2:30p.m.
If you are interested in having a booth or have questions about the booths, please contact Jamie O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to having the following booths:
La Crosse County Veterans Service Office
Tri-Beta Honor Society of Viterbo University
Dr. King Speaks Book Signing
Counselor Education Department - Viterbo University
Quantum Group Financial & Disability Consulting