Goals and Outcomes
Viterbo's dietetic program monitors quality of its educational experiences through a system of continuous improvement. Program assessment outcomes are available upon request to the Coordinated Program Director. Contact Alida Herling at 608-796-3663 or email@example.com
The dietetic education program uses the following goals and outcomes to assess program quality:
Goal 1: Program will provide professional education to a diverse student body in order to prepare competent entry-level dietitians.
- Over a five-year period, 80% of Viterbo graduates will pass the RD exam as first time examinees
- Over a five-year period, 90% of students beginning the junior year will successfully complete the dietetic education program within three years.
- Within six months of graduation, 80% of graduates will be employed at a professional level.
- Within one year of graduation,100% of graduates will rate themselves as "prepared" or above in 80% of the entry level competencies which are related to their present jobs.
- Within one year of graduation, 90% of employers will rate graduates as "acceptable" or "outstanding" in the areas of critical thinking and communication skills.
- Within one year of graduation, at least 75% of employers will rank graduates as three or above in showing leadership potential.
Goal 2: Program will prepare graduates who will engage in nutrition specific health promotion activities in their first jobs.
- At one year post graduation, at least 75% of graduates will provide nutrition specific health promotion in their job or as a volunteer.
- At one year post graduation, at least 75% of graduates will show evidence of leadership in health promotion activities.
Goal 3: Program will prepare entry-level dietitians who are able to work with individuals from diverse economic, ethnic, or educational backgrounds.
- At least 75% of graduates will rank themselves as competent in cultural interaction.