Goals and Outcomes
Viterbo's dietetic program monitors quality of its educational experiences through a system of continuous improvement. Program assessment outcomes are available upon request to the Coordinated Program Director. Contact Alida Herling at 608-796-3663 or email@example.com
1. The Program will provide professional education to students in order to prepare competent entry-level dietitians.
- Over a 3-year period, 80% of Viterbo graduates will pass the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within one year of their first attempt.
- Over a 3–year period, 75% of graduates will take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within one year of graduation.
- Over a 3-year period, 80% of students beginning the junior year will successfully complete the Coordinated Program within 3 years.
- Within 12 months of graduation, 80% of graduates will be employed in nutrition and dietetics, or a nutrition related field.
- Within one year of graduation, 90% of employers will rate graduates as “good” or higher for performance of Nutrition Care Process, use of evidence-based practice and leadership potential.
- Within one year of graduation, at least 85% of graduates will rate themselves as “prepared” or above for an entry-level position in the dietetics profession.
2. The Program will prepare graduates who will engage in nutrition specific health promotion activities in their first jobs.
- At one year post graduation, at least 75% of graduates will provide nutrition specific health promotion in their job or as a volunteer.
- At one year post graduation, at least 75% of graduates will show evidence of leadership activities related to health promotion.
3. The Program will prepare entry-level dietitians who are able to work with individuals from diverse economic, ethnic, or educational backgrounds.
- At one year post graduation, 100% of graduates will rank themselves as “good” for interactions in one of four diverse groups: age, culture, SES and level of education.