The two-fold mission of Assessment and Institutional Research is 1) to support the continuous improvement of student learning through planning, support, and training for assessment processes; and 2) to provide relevant, unbiased information for strategic planning and external reporting.
The mission of AIR is met through the following goals:
- Sustain and strengthen Viterbo University’s commitment to assessing, confirming, and improving student learning;
- Coordinate external reporting of institutional statistics to state and federal agencies (IPEDS, WAICU, NCA/HLC), accrediting agencies, non-profit associations, and other organizations;
- Maintain a web site to communicate commonly requested information and to highlight materials that may be broadly useful for planning, assessment, evaluation, and decision making
- Prepare descriptive and analytical reports for use by campus policy-makers and policy-making bodies (e.g., Information for Decision-Making and the Annual Assessment Analysis).
- Manage data by creating and maintaining a data warehouse containing longitudinal information on applicants, enrolled students, alumni, academic programs, instruction, and personnel.