Engineering at Viterbo
Engineering turns science into reality through invention, innovation, and design. Engineers investigate how things work, find practical uses for scientific discoveries, and make science accessible to the rest of society. A degree in engineering will prepare students for a variety of lucrative career options.
The Engineering program at Viterbo University was created in response to the local need for engineers and at the request of local employers. We are working with local industry leaders to provide curriculum that establishes a solid foundation of engineering skills and develops communication and leadership skills, while keeping in mind the spirit of a liberal arts education and upholding Viterbo University's core values.
- Fifteen engineering students each will be awarded additional $2,000 scholarships for fall 2018.
- First-year project-based design course
- Significant internship requirement built into the curriculum
- Senior engineering capstone project
- Networking opportunities with local engineering companies
- Opportunities for students to gain practical experience as a tutor or supplemental instructor
- Faculty-mentored research opportunities
Fastenal is excited about the opportunity to hire engineering graduates from Viterbo. Our company foundation was built by local, hardworking people with strong values and solid communication skills. That is the type of student Viterbo graduates. Now that an engineering graduate is an option, we are very interested.
- Mechanical engineer
- Industrial engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Agricultural engineer
- Drafting and design engineer
- Materials scientist
- Patent lawyer
- Project management
- Government policy builder
- Engineering consultant
- Global developmental professional