Feedback and Grievances

Viterbo University is committed to the academic success of its military-aligned students. Any questions, feedback, or grievances can be directed to Sam Morris, director for military student success, at

Students are also welcome to utilize the postsecondary education complaint system below. 

Postsecondary Education Complaint System

Who should submit a complaint?

If you or your family member receives tuition assistance or is a Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Scholarship recipient, you are encouraged to submit feedback here.

If you are not using TA or My Career Advancement Account Scholarship education benefits, please submit your complaint to the appropriate agency:

When to submit a complaint

You may submit a complaint if your school is failing to follow the Principles of Excellence. This initiative is designed to empower you and your family members to report misleading or unfair actions by education institutions. Examples of education related issues may include, but are not limited to, misrepresentation or deceptive actions concerning multiple unsolicited phone calls or emails used as a high-pressure recruitment tactic, false representation about degree programs, misleading statements regarding accreditation or promoting costly private or institutional loans. The types of complaints Department of Defense will review include the following:

  • Recruiting and marketing practices
  • Quality of education
  • Accreditation
  • Grade Policy
  • Financial issues (for example, tuition and fee charges)
  • Release of transcripts
  • Student loans
  • Transfer of credits
  • Post-graduation job opportunities
  • Refund or collection issues
  • Change in degree plan and requirements
  • Other

If you are experiencing issues specific to your TA or MyCAA education benefit, for example, eligibility, application/request form or payment, please direct them to your Department of Defense military service education representative.

How to submit a complaint

If you are using TA or MyCAA education benefits, please click the Submit a Complaint button below to file your complaint.

Submit a complaint

After submitting a complaint

The process and subsequent actions after a complaint is submitted include the following steps.

1. Student submits a complaint. Upon submission of a complaint about an issue with a school, you will receive status updates via the email address you provided when you submitted the complaint.

2. Department of Defense and the military service review school complaints. Complaints will be sent to your Department of Defense military service education representative for review. The education representative will work with your school and provides you with a response to your complaint. If they determine another government agency would be better able to assist, we will forward your complaint to them and provide you an update. Please note that all verified complaints will be submitted for the record to the Federal Trade Commission’s Consumer Sentinel Network.

3. Department of Defense, military service and the school respond to the complaint. As your complaint is being reviewed, the Department of Defense/military service education representative will communicate with you as needed and, with feedback from the school, will prepare a response to your complaint.

4. Student receives a complaint response. Upon completion of the school’s response, you will receive a case closure notification via the email address you provided when you submitted the complaint.

5. Department of Defense will follow up on the complaint. Complaint data is shared with state and federal law enforcement agencies as necessary. Complaints tell us about practices that may pose risks to students. If we need more information, we’ll contact you.