A Cherished Viterbo Tradition
Over the course of Viterbo University's long history, much has changed about the commencement ceremony. We've gone from graduating classes almost entirely made up of Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration trained to be educators to a vibrantly diverse mix of students from widely different fields of study being honored for bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees.
While some things have changed, Viterbo's commencement ceremony remains steeped in tradition and dedicated to celebrating the achievements of our students. This is the exclamation point on their college journey, one more chance to be together with all those who have been along on that journey — classmates, family, friends, and faculty.
- Dec. 15: Senior Soirée, Fine Arts Center FSPA lobby, 5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 17: Nursing Pinning Ceremony, Fine Arts Center Main Theatre, 8:30 a.m.
- Dec. 17: Sending and Blessing Reception, Fine Arts Center FSPA lobby, 9:30 a.m.
- Dec. 17: Baccalaureate Mass, San Damiano Chapel, 10:30 a.m.
- Dec. 17: Commencement Ceremony, Fine Arts Center Main Theatre, 2 p.m.
- Future ceremonies: May 13, 2023; Dec. 15, 2023; May 11, 2024
View a recording of the May 14 commencement ceremony on Viterbo's YouTube channel.