In order to remain in good standing in the Honors Program, students must:
- Maintain a 3.4 average in their Honors classes,
- Maintain a 3.4 overall GPA,
- Complete the equivalent of three Honors General Education courses* and the four Mission Seminar courses
Students who fall below the grade point average requirements listed above will be placed on probation in the Honors Program for the following semester. If their averages remain below 3.4 for Honors classes and/or 3.4 for their overall GPA for two consecutive semesters, they will be removed from the Honors Program. Students must also remain active, contributing participants to the program. Lack of active participation may also result in a probationary period and could eventually result in being removed from the Program.
* Your 3 Honors General Education Courses or Course Equivalents can include:
- Courses designed specifically for the Honors Program
- Contract in a traditional general education course
- Study abroad course or semester
- Contracted Undergraduate Research Project
- Participate in Exploring Leadership
Mission Seminars: Honors sections of the four university mission seminars are taken for Honors credit.