The mission of the Viterbo University Honors Program is to provide a supportive, enriched learning environment responsive to the educational needs of highly able and exceptionally motivated undergraduate students who are committed to achieving academic excellence. It also strives to develop students' potential as ethical leaders and faithful servants.
The goals of the Honors Program are:
- To develop a community of scholars.
- To promote academic excellence within the Viterbo University community.
- To provide opportunities for research and creative work involving both faculty and students.
- To assist students in preparation for graduate and professional schools.
- To help students develop leadership skills by providing them opportunities to work with service organizations both within and outside the University.
- Courses exclusively geared for Honors students.
- One guaranteed paid Summer Research Fellowship for Honors students in good standing.
- Lunch discussions with nationally known speakers.
- Honors designation on transcript—helpful when applying for graduate schools and finding employment.
- Affiliation with an interactive and vibrant community of scholars.
- A practical and theoretical leadership development program exclusively for Honors students.