Honors Program Mission
A community of scholars, the Honors Program provides an enriched learning environment that deepens students’ academic experiences, develops their leadership potential, and expands their engagement with local and national communities through program-funded service and academic opportunities.
Honors Program Benefits
Participants in the Honors Program:
- Learn in smaller, discussion-based, research-oriented, and interactive sections of Viterbo’s Mission Seminar classes and specially-designed Honors courses.
- Gain valuable research experience via a guaranteed faculty-mentored Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship for students in good standing (up to $2500) and funding for academic conferences.
- Develop their leadership skills through a semester-long leadership seminar that culminates in the planning and execution of the annual retreat for first-year Honors students.
- Give back to their communities via regular service trips, sustained community partnerships, and other student-led initiatives.
- Receive an Honors designation on their official transcript
- Enjoy a cohort-based model that promotes meaningful, lasting relationships that will shape, challenge, and enrich your college career.
Honors Program Goals
- To develop a community of scholars.
- To promote academic excellence within the Viterbo University community.
- To provide opportunities for research and creative work involving both faculty and students.
- To assist students in preparation for graduate and professional schools.
- To help students develop leadership skills by providing them opportunities to work with service organizations both within and outside the University.