Viterbo University offers many services to help employers connect with potential candidates. Our goal is to effectively meet your recruiting needs, whether you are seeking candidates for internships, full-time entry level opportunities, part-time employment, or would like to promote your graduate or professional school.
Services for employers
The following services can help you find the most qualified candidates:
- Job and internship postings through our online system, Purple Briefcase.
- Access to resumes of students and alumni through Purple Briefcase.
- Career Fairs in the fall and spring where you can showcase your organization and meet with our outstanding students.
- Personalized services to tailor the recruiting needs of your organization.
Employer Recruiting Guidelines
There is no fee to use Purple Briefcase for posting opportunities or viewing resumes.
By establishing an account in Purple Briefcase, you agree to the following statement:
"I agree that I will be solely responsible for the content of my profile and the content of all listings that I post in Purple Briefcase. I understand that my account may be suspended or deactivated without prior notice at any time for any reason."
Please review the Viterbo University Recruiter Policies to be sure your organization complies with Department of Labor and industry guidelines. Employers and organizations recruiting at Viterbo University are expected to adhere to:
- The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Collection and use of data by Career Services is governed by the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- All job postings must be for legitimate openings. No multi-level marketing jobs, mystery shopper, door-to-door sales, home-based businesses, or “business opportunity” postings are allowed.
- For a position to be listed as an internship, it must meet these requirements:
- Must provide a professional experience that relates to the student’s major field or area of career interest.
- Must occupy at least one academic term (fall, spring, or summer).
- Must require continuous supervision by a professional in the field.
- The job title, description, and requirements must be included. Organizations must identify themselves, the job’s title, description, requirements, and the location of the position.
- Third-party recruiters, search firms, employment consultants, and placement services must identify themselves as such and may not require a placement fee from the student.
- It is the responsibility of the employer to cancel a posting if the opportunity has been filled.
- By posting your job or internship, you agree that it is in compliance with our guidelines. In order to prevent abuse and to keep the system appropriate for our students, we reserve the right to remove any employer, contact, or posting without prior notice, at any time, for any reason.
Positions for private individuals with a non-established business (e.g. babysitting, nanny, caretaker, tutor, etc.) will be forwarded for posting on the Financial Aid job board or the Nursing Officebulletin board with the following disclaimer: Viterbo University does not perform any background checks, criminal or otherwise, and does not screen in any manner the students, or the community members retaining the services of said student. Students and community members using these services do so at their own risk.