Regular Hours of Operation
Window: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Office: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Jan. 2, 2017 - First day to charge books at the bookstore
- Jan.13, 2017 - Deadline to confirm enrollment with the Business Office
- Jan. 16, 2017 - First day of classes
- Jan. 20, 2017 - Last day to charge books at the bookstore
- Jan. 20, 2017 - Last day to add classes or change sections
- Jan. 23, 2017 - Last day to return books to the bookstore
- Jan. 27, 2017 - First day for spring refund checks to be issued
- Feb. 28, 2017 - Last day to pay student accounts in full to avoid interest
- May 12, 2017 - Last day to have account paid in full
- May 12, 2017 - Deadline to confirm enrollment with the Business Office
- May 15, 2017 - First day to charge books at the bookstore
- May 15, 2017 - First day of classes
- May 19, 2017 - Last day to charge books to the bookstore
- May 22, 2017 - Last day to return books to the bookstore
- May 26, 2017 - First day for summer refund checks to be issued
- June 30, 2017 - Last day to pay student accounts in full to avoid interest
- Aug. 18, 2017 - Last day to have account paid in full
- Aug. 1, 2017 - Anticipated date for Fall 2017 semester billing to be processed for registered students
- Aug. 2, 2017 - Anticipated first day to charge books at the bookstore
- Aug. 25, 2017 - Deadline to confirm enrollment with the Business Office
- Aug. 28, 2017 - First day of classes
- Sept. 1, 2017 - Last day to charge books at the bookstore
- Sept. 1, 2017 - Last day to add classes or change sections
- Sept. 5, 2017 - Last day to return books to the bookstore
- Sept. 8, 2017 - First day for fall refund checks to be issued
- Oct. 31, 2017 - Last day to pay student accounts in full to avoid interest
- Dec. 15, 2017 - Last day to have account paid in full
Policies and Forms
V-Bucks will be sold in increments of $25 and can be used at the The Caf, Einstein’s Bagels or Crossroads POD Market and Grill. V-Bucks are carried over from the fall semester to the spring semester but do not carry over to the next school year. Any V-Buck balances remaining at the end of the spring semester will be forfeited. For questions, contact Campus Dining at 3830, Residence Life at 3060 or the Business Office at 3850. To purchase V-Bucks using a credit card, click on the V-Bucks link. To purchase V-Bucks with cash or check go directly to Campus Dining.
Agreement and Disclosure Statement
(Viterbo University requires all pages of the Education Agreement and Disclosure Statement to be printed, signed and turned into the Business Office)
Account Receivable Education Agreement and Disclosure Statement (Incoming Undergraduate Freshmen - STAR Program)
Account Receivable Education Agreement and Disclosure Statement (Undergraduate/Graduate Students)
Please do not print the agreement from this link and submit to the Viterbo University Business Office - this is for online submissions only!
Student account information is available through Vitnet. In addition, monthly student account statements are mailed to all students the first of each month for those who have outstanding account balances. These statements contain actual charges, payment information, and financial aid which has been applied to students' accounts. Payment must be made to the business office using cash, checks, or credit cards. Viterbo accepts Mastercard, Discover, and VISA credit cards only. Payment by credit cards are accepted by phone, in person, and online. To make a payment via the phone please call the business office at 608-796-3850. The student account balance is due for full payment no later than the final day of the semester. Transcripts and diplomas will not be issued to a student until the account has been paid in full.
Minimum Payment Requirements/Enrollment Confirmation
Viterbo University policy requires that any balance from a previous semester be paid in full prior to the first day of a new semester's classes or attendance will not be permitted. In addition, all students are required to make a minimum cash payment of $500 each semester no later than the Friday before the start of a new semester, exclusive of financial aid and any deposits. If it can be verified that financial aid has been disbursed to your student account and covers all semester charges then you can be confirmed without being required to pay the $500 down payment. However, you still are required to verify your financial aid with the Business Office and inform them that you are taking classes for the semester.
Interest charges will be assessed monthly at a nominal annual percentage rate of 15% (1.25% per month) on unpaid balances as of October 31 for fall semester charges, February 28 for spring semester charges and June 30 for summer semester charges (or the final business day of the month should one of the aforementioned dates fall on a weekend or university recognized holiday). These charges will continue until the balance is paid in full. If the amount due shown on the billing statement is paid on or before the last business day of a month, the student should incur no additional interest charges. If full payment is not made by that deadline an interest charge is imposed on the student’s account.
Viterbo University will produce refund checks for all students who have a credit balance after all charges have been paid. Refund checks will be available in the business office for the first time on the second Friday of each semester and then every subsequent Thursday throughout the semester. Any refund check not picked up on the day it is available will be mailed to the student's home address the next morning, except on the second Friday of the semester when refund checks will be mailed that same day at 3:00pm.
To receive a refund check associated with a parent loan, please have your parent complete a Waiver Form For The Federal PLUS Loan and return it to Kevin Ganther in the business office.
After Hours Drop Off Box
The business office has an after hours drop off box located to the right of the business office windows. You may drop off payments, time cards, or documents for the business office, financial aid office, or registrar office.
1098-T IRS Form
The 1098-T form is a statement of qualified tuition and related expenses required for enrollment or attendance at Viterbo University. Viterbo makes these forms available electonically through Vitnet to each student that is enrolled for the past calendar year. Students who choose to not receive their form electronically will be mailed their copy by January 31st. The 1098-T form includes tuition and related expense information, as well as scholarship information. Viterbo University does not supply payment information. Please contact your tax preparer for specific IRS regulation when preparing your tax return.
Please contact Kevin Ganther in the Business Office if you need to discuss payment arrangements for your unpaid account balance.
Director of Student Billing/Accounts Receivable
Viterbo University Business Office
Murphy Center Room 214
900 Viterbo Drive
La Crosse, WI 54601